At Forward Healthy Lifestyles, we are able to help men with low testosterone (low-T) feel more like themselves again through hormone replacement therapy. By getting those testosterone levels back up into a higher, normal range, a slew of benefits are available both for your sexual health and overall well-being.
Feeling less like yourself because of low T? It’s nothing to be ashamed of.
According to the Cleveland Clinic, nearly 40% of men aged 45 and older suffer from low testosterone.
We can help!
Testosterone begins to decline steadily as men age and according to ABC News, as many as 1 in 4 men over 30 suffer from low testosterone.
Know the Signs
Testosterone is a significant factor in the male body, responsible for maintaining bone mass, strength, muscle mass, and fat distribution. Having low T can affect these aspects of your life, among others, such as the production of sperm and even red blood cells and regulation of the male sex drive.
Here are a few key indications that you may have low testosterone:
- Mood swings, anxiety, and/or depression
- Hair loss
- Reduced libido (less interest in sex, or your partner)
- Low energy levels or fatigue
- Increased body fat and/or reduced muscle mass, despite maintaining your usual healthy habits
- Sexual dysfunction (unable to get and maintain an erection, or unable to perform as well as you previously could)
- Reduced sense of overall well-being
What Causes Low-T?
So you see that low-T can affect more than just your sex life, but aside from aging, what other factors can contribute to this decline in virility?
- Injury to the testicles
- Alcohol abuse
- Excess estrogen
- Extreme weight loss
- Chemotherapy or radiation
- Certain medications (and other drugs, such as steroids)
- Certain diseases (cirrhosis, renal failure, certain inflammatory diseases, etc.)
- Short-term or long-term illness
- And many others
There are dozens of possible causes of low T, and while we can’t go back and change the past of what might have led to this condition, what we can do is identify and isolate what is happening now and work to correct it.
At Forward Healthy Lifestyles, we work with our patients’ health and wellness goals to get you back to feeling and performing your best.
HRT for Men
HRT for men is a treatment that provides the male with a specific dosage of testosterone when needed in order to bring your testosterone levels back into an ideal, normal range. Some patients need smaller doses and others, larger ones to get them back to feeling like themselves again. Your treatment plan will be customized to exactly what is going on within your system.
Some of the benefits of HRT for men can include:
- More energy
- Increased libido
- Improved mood
- Enhanced sexual performance
- Increased muscle mass and/or reduced body fat
While there are many health and wellness benefits to having normal testosterone levels, many of our patients are specifically interested in restoring a healthy sex life.
And that’s a good thing to strive for – there are actually many health benefits to having an active, healthy sex life, such as:
- It can ease stress, improve sleep and lessen pain.
- Men who have sex two or more times per week were half as likely to die of heart disease as those who have sex rarely, according to one study. (It can keep your estrogen & testosterone levels in balance, and when those are out of whack, all sorts of other problems can come in.)
- Sexual intercourse lowers systolic blood pressure, according to one study.
- Men who ejaculated at least 21 times per month were less likely to get prostate cancer, according to a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association.
Whatever your reasons for seeking hormone replacement therapy for men, our team of expert medical professionals is ready to help you reach your health and wellness goals.